Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Imelda and the CCP

June 20, 2010
Cultural Center of the Philippines, Manila

It wont hurt to take time to know our own culture and history.

Last Sunday, we took the "Living La Vida Imelda Tour" of Carlos Celdran. Carlos Celdran is really an amusing performer. Much of the tour was just story telling, but I never got bored. In fact it was really intriguing, funny and interesting. The tour was expensive at Php 900 per person (for a 2.5 hours tour) but it is something different and enjoyable. So if you have the extra cash I recommend the tour.

Just a notice to those who are interested: the tour has slightly adult content. Also, be open minded and have a sense of humor. The tour is not about being pro or con Marcos, its about looking at what happened in the 70s through different angles. After all, Despite all the despicable deeds you can mention, the Marcoses did leave us some things (e.g., infrastructure, CCP complex, etc..)

*some pictures to follow

** Travel sights need not be limited to going to far flung places. So to add more to this travel blog I'm thinking to buy some travel book of Metro Manila, so I can explore the local vicinities. (Just a thought, or maybe just an excuse because I currently am not able to go to far flung places)


2 comments:

  1. Martha! I wanna join you in your Manila trips. =) I have na nga a list of places to eat in, mga non-mall places, the dinadayo type. Haha.

    We have to do Binondo and the Kambs have to do a feature on it ok? You can copy my pics, esp my pic when we were all together. Hahaha =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely have to do more research to seek out the spots in Manila... for the meantime the binondo trip is a great idea! should be fun :)

    ReplyDelete