Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Elusive Zambales Weekend

July 16-17, 2011
San Antonio, Zambales
(Camara, Capones, Anawangin)

I had been postponing writing this blog for some time now. For various reasons: (1) I had to reserve this post for August, I have no destinations for August as of yet, (2) I had to wait to get the picks of pictures from friends, (3) etc... As much as I have been eluding to write this post, this trip to Zambales was the more elusive one.

Me and my HS Amigas have been contemplating to go out of town for some time now (as far back as 2010). We would have wanted to go on an excursion early this year, but we did not push through. I planned the outing for June but storms prevented us from traveling. We were able to arrange for this trip in July (finally!).

This is our first trip as a group ever! :) Mi Amigas, thanks for sharing this great trip with me


I coordinated with Explore Island to provide us travel services
My review: very accommodating, even providing for special requests.
Downside, there are quite handful of additional payments required


We stayed at Canoe Beach Resort
Clean rooms, small pool, beach front. All-in-all a good place


Cafe Pundakit (Restaurant in Canoe)
The food was amazing! No exaggeration.
The food is simple Filipino, but taste great.


We explored Camara island
I love the strong waves crashing to the sand bar


Nature trail to Capones Lighthouse
The trail we used was shorter but less used.


Capones Lighthouse


Anawangin Cove - I'm amazed at the picturesque pine trees


Anwangin Cove - exploring the fresh water streams


Anwangin Cove - fun playing in the waves


On our way home, we had a Sumptuous meal at Xtremely Xpresso.
Great Pizza and Pasta (Truffle pasta - a must try), desserts not as good


Photos courtesy of: Bea, Mas, Kat




3 comments:

  1. I was baffled at the notion that pine trees were growing at the beach side instead of the usual coconut trees. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for these pictures from Zambales. Looks like a nice place for next summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a nice place. But the waves are pretty big. Not too good for swimming. But maybe it is because of the monsoon season. :) Wait for my next blog post, I think [Bataan] it is a good place to go to as well

    ReplyDelete